KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — President Trump signed a historic stimulus package to assist American citizens and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The package includes financial assistance for hospitals and small businesses. It also includes direct payments of $1,200 to every single adult and an additional $500 for each child 16 and under.
This package will hopefully ease the burden for citizens who have been laid off or are have had their hours cut. Knoxville resident, Dwayne Shanklin is one of many that has been laid off from his job. He says its a relief to know that help is on the way.
“Any money that you receive as a surprise is definitely appreciated,” Shanklin said.
Americans could start seeing direct payments by April 6.
- Maryville College will resume in-person classes in fall, end earlier
- State AG plans absentee ballot appeal after blasting Nashville judge’s ruling
- Downtown Emporium Center reopening with ‘Summer Members Show’
- Safety precautions Clinton football is taking while practicing
- ‘All have never meant all’: Knoxville Area Urban League continues calls for use of force changes