KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville fire crews rescued a homeowner early Monday after responding to a North Knoxville house fire.
Just after 4 a.m., Knoxville Fire Department crews were dispatched to a reported house fire on East Quincy Avenue. When firefighters arrived, the front rooms of the home were largely involved and had already burned through the roof covering the front porch of the single-story home.
Video: Sandy Bowlen
Responders rescued the owner of the home who was unconscious in the hallway of the home. The man was rushed to the hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation. The man’s condition is unknown at this time.
Fire Investigators are investigating to determine the cause of the fire. No other injuries were reported.
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Protesters march to Capitol Hill for George Floyd
- Homicide investigation underway after shooting victim shows up at UTMC
- PHOTOS: SpaceX rocket ship blasts off into orbit with 2 Americans
- Bobby J. Morrow, Olympic medal winner, Harlingen native, passes away at 84
- Coronavirus: Tennessee reports 22,566 COVID-19 cases and 364 deaths