KNOXVILLE (WATE) – UPDATE: Knoxville Police identify the victim of Saturday’s shooting as 19-year-old JaQuan Reece of Knoxville. KPD is also seeking information regarding a vehicle of interest in connection to the shooting.
KPD asks for anyone with information to call 865-215-7212.
KPD says that Reece arrived to UT Medical Center in a personal vehicle after suffering a gunshot wound around 2 p.m. Saturday. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The shooting is believed to have taken place in the area of Sunset Avenue and S. Castle Street.
EARLIER: A homicide investigation is underway Saturday afternoon after a shooting victim arrived at University of Tennessee Medical Center and died.
A man arrived at the hospital around 2 p.m. in a personal vehicle and was pronounced dead.
According to the preliminary investigation, the shooting is believed to have occurred at the area of Sunset Avenue and S. Castle Street.
The suspect allegedly exited a black mid-sized sedan, fired shots and fled the scene.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, they are urged to please call the Crime Hotline at 865-215-7212.
- Target, CVS join list of major retailers mandating masks
- BIG EAST becomes latest conference to switch to conference-only schedule this fall
- ‘Back to the Future’ DeLorean, Batmobile and Ectomobile replicas put up for sale by US Marshals
- 33-year-old tech CEO found dismembered in luxury NYC condo
- 6 Things to Know about Knox County Schools reopening plan