BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana officials have reported two additional deaths tied to Hurricane Laura, bringing the storm’s total death toll in the state to 25.
The Louisiana Department of Health said Saturday that a 52-year-old Grant Parish man died of a heat-related illness while removing storm debris.
A 25-year-old man in Natchitoches Parish died of electrocution after coming into direct contact with a power line. The Health Department said he was resuscitated at the time but later died. The coroner has confirmed this death was storm-related.
The Category 4 storm roared ashore in southwest Louisiana on Aug. 27. Five deaths in Texas were also attributed to the storm.
- Tracking the Tropics: Eta maintains tropical storm strength as it moves over Atlantic off Florida, Georgia coast
- Tracking the Tropics: Eta brings heavy rain, winds, flooding to Tampa Bay
- Tracking the Tropics: Eta, now a tropical depression, forecast to intensify with Florida in its path
- Tracking the Tropics: Eta reaches category 4 strength
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast