DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — Before you see “happy hour” and think you’ll be chugging brewskies with your next short stack order, new specials coming the IHOP aren’t what you might imagine.
In fact, it’s probably the exact opposite.
IHOP is rolling out “IHOPPY Hour” with discounts to meals and snacks daily from 2 to 10 p.m., USA TODAY reported.
The new deals begin today with some items available for takeout.
According to USA TODAY, the special hours feature $5 or $6 entrees and $3 snacks and sides. Drinks are also discount to $1 or $1.50.
Items on the new menu include breakfast plates like pancakes and omelettes along with lunch and dinner staples like hamburgers.
IHOP President Jay Johns says this in an attempt to boost the chain’s evening business.
“We’re famous for breakfast. Everybody knows our world-famous pancakes, but oftentimes people forget about us at other dayparts,” Johns said in an interview with USA TODAY. “So the last couple of years we’ve been working on our p.m. business.”
Trying to increase business in the evening hours isn’t new for IHOP. You may remember the chain’s 2018 name-change stunt where it temporarily rebranded restaurants as IHOB to push its burger menu.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins
- Knox County Health Dept. reports 16th COVID-19 death in October, overall toll at 101
- As US hits highest 7-day average for virus cases, these states are hardest hit
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Middle Tennessee home
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week