CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia police say an 8-month-old infant girl died Tuesday after she was left in a car alone.
Police responded to a report of a child left in a vehicle around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in Chesapeake.
Officers arrived to find an 8-month-old girl who they say was left in the car alone for “several hours.” Medics also responded and gave first aid to the infant.
She was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Chesapeake was under a heat advisory until 8 p.m. local time Tuesday, with temperatures expected to reach the upper 90s.
The incident is under investigation and no arrests were made as of Tuesday afternoon.
Police did not immediately provide additional details.
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first