KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Thousands of Knoxville Utilities Board customers had their power knocked out Friday afternoon as an isolated storm came through Knox County.
Among the outages included some traffic lights that affected drivers’ commutes near the interstate on Kingston Pike in Bearden and the West Hills areas.
According to the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team, we’ve already seen rain across parts of East Tennessee today and there is the chance for more showers and storms to flare up Friday afternoon; with a few of these storms could be on the strong side with locally heavy rain and frequent lightning possible.
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores
- Trial set for woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death
- 5-year-old shot, killed in front yard remembered by community; 25-year-old charged
- Prosecutors dispute Jeffrey Epstein’s ex-girlfriend’s claims
- Trump’s younger brother, Robert, is hospitalized in New York