KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — After three women were stabbed to death at a Pilot gas station Tuesday morning in Knoxville, one of the victim’s family members is speaking out.
Samantha Collins is the cousin of Nettie Spencer. Nettie was just 41 years old at the time of her death. Samantha spoke with WATE 6 On Your Side sharing her shock in hearing what happened to her cousin and recalling who she was as a person.
“She was just an all around good person. I personally have never heard her say a bad word about anybody.” Samantha said.
Samantha got the news from a family member early Tuesday afternoon.
“Of course I was devastated, I was absolutely devastated, and to have her life cut short like this just unfair. Its just not fair.” Samantha said.
The other two victims were identified as Joyce Whaley, 57, Patricia Denise Nibbe, 51. A fourth woman was hospitalized with stab wounds but has now been released.
All four women were stabbed by a North Carolina truck driver — who was shot and killed by a Knox County deputy — at the Pilot Travel Center near an Interstate-40 exit in East Knox County on Tuesday around 7 a.m., according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Three months and around 1,200 tips later, TBI says there is no update on Summer Wells
- Pigeon Forge hotel leaves room empty for repeat Rod Run couple who died
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- Border Patrol, small New Mexico town forge strong bond amid migrant crisis
- ‘Pandemic in a pandemic’: New push in Congress aims to prevent health care worker suicides as COVID rages on