The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is warning the public about an ongoing phone scam.
The sheriff’s office says people are calling pretending to be representatives with the sheriff’s office, using this phone number 865-484-4012.
Scammers will say you did not report to jury duty and will request credit card information for fines. Don’t fall for this!
The scam is being investigated by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
- Ghislaine Maxwell wants trial delay, blames prosecutors
- Springtime winters: The folklore behind Tennessee’s little winters
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- Star witness in Harvey Weinstein case breaks her silence
- 8 dead in mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility