The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is warning the public about an ongoing phone scam.
The sheriff’s office says people are calling pretending to be representatives with the sheriff’s office, using this phone number 865-484-4012.
Scammers will say you did not report to jury duty and will request credit card information for fines. Don’t fall for this!
The scam is being investigated by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
- ‘It’s gonna be a bummer’: Knoxville TikTok creators talk U.S. app store ban
- Knox County firefighters travel to West Coast to battle wildfires
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- South Carolina teacher fired after ‘inexcusable’ Facebook post
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021