JEFFERSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The director of Jefferson County Schools has confirmed with WATE 6 On Your Side there were two traffic accidents involving school buses Tuesday.
According to Shane Johnston, JCS director, one school bus accident was in the Strawberry Plains area, while the other was in the White Pine area.
“Originally thought one accident had injuries, but this was not the case,” Johnston said, who added that all the children were back home now and that parents had been notified.
Johnston also said he was still gathering information regarding the incidents.
The number of student aboard the buses were confirmed by Johnston:
- On the White Pine bus, there were 15 students.
- On the Rush Strong bus, there were 35 students.
Tennessee Highway Patrol was dispatched to both accident scenes.
THP officials saying Tuesday evening they were still in the preliminary stages of the investigations:
“We are investigating this incident, however we have no details yet. We have requested a preliminary report from the trooper and will send it to you as soon as he emails it to us.”Lt. Rick Garrison , Tennessee Highway Patrol
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County confirmed cases increase to 97, total of recovered now 58
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Quarantine Sports: April 3
- VFL’s navigate COVID-19 curveball
- CDC recommending Americans cover their faces with non-medical masks