JEFFERSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The director of Jefferson County Schools has confirmed with WATE 6 On Your Side there were two traffic accidents involving school buses Tuesday.
According to Shane Johnston, JCS director, one school bus accident was in the Strawberry Plains area, while the other was in the White Pine area.
“Originally thought one accident had injuries, but this was not the case,” Johnston said, who added that all the children were back home now and that parents had been notified.
Johnston also said he was still gathering information regarding the incidents.
The number of student aboard the buses were confirmed by Johnston:
- On the White Pine bus, there were 15 students.
- On the Rush Strong bus, there were 35 students.
Tennessee Highway Patrol was dispatched to both accident scenes.
THP officials saying Tuesday evening they were still in the preliminary stages of the investigations:
“We are investigating this incident, however we have no details yet. We have requested a preliminary report from the trooper and will send it to you as soon as he emails it to us.”Lt. Rick Garrison , Tennessee Highway Patrol
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard
- New postmaster general could signal big changes to postal service
- One man injured in armed robbery attempt at East Magnolia pawn shop, police seek suspect
- Two Texans will play a big role in Trump impeachment trial