JEFFERSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Sheriff’s Office took time to share a Facebook post from the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office. The department announcing the sudden death of an active duty K-9 “Hekko,” due to a medical condition.
The K-9 officer was teamed with his partner, Sgt. Tim Herzog in Jefferson County in 2018. The team also worked for the Sevier County Sheriff’s office as a K-9 team from 2015-18.
The post states that the team has been instrumental in removing drugs from the streets of Jefferson County. Their last K-9 deployment was last Saturday night when they responded to assist the New Market Police Department tracking an armed robbery suspect.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office asks the public to keep Sgt. Herzog and the Sheriff’s Office in your thoughts and prayers as we have lost a K-9 brother.
- Lady Vols Swimming are SEC Champions for first time in program history
- Knoxville wedding venue thriving one year after major flooding
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead
- Two men confirmed dead after a single engine Cessna crashes at Dillingham Airfield
- Anniston FEMA Center to be used as part of Coronavirus quarantine