(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Ijams Nature Center seeking volunteers for River Rescue cleanup
- PHOTOS: Snow in East Tennessee – February 20, 2020
- Quest for Gold: Sisters ‘want everyone to see what karate is’
- Two children hospitalized after being hit by truck in Sevierville
- Jammin 99.7: Knoxville’s only Black-owned radio station