(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Person transported to hospital following water rescue in Surgoinsville
- Woods, Manning win “The Match: Champions for Charity”
- TVA reminds boaters to use extra caution near dams after fatal boating accident
- White House imposes coronavirus travel ban on Brazil
- Trump’s pitch to voters: Trust me, economy will soar in 2021