GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A federal judge has denied the government’s request to dismiss a lawsuit centered on the 2016 wildfires.
One of the plaintiffs is Michael Reed. He lost his wife and young daughters in the fire.
The plaintiffs argue the government failed to warn communities about the danger the chimney tops two fire posed.
Federal judge Thomas Phillips deciding that the court does have jurisdiction because the park’s fire management plan contained requirements to act, not just recommendations.
We’ll keep following this case as it moves through the federal court system.
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard
- New postmaster general could signal big changes to postal service
- One man injured in armed robbery attempt at East Magnolia pawn shop, police seek suspect
- Two Texans will play a big role in Trump impeachment trial