BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WATE) — The Knox County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday night that a man for whom it had issued a Silver Alert Tuesday was safely located in North Carolina.
According to KCSO, Everett Irwin has been located by the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina.
PREVIOUS STORY: KCSO issues Silver Alert for 88-year-old out of Knoxville
“He is safe and is being transported to a local hospital as a precaution,” KCSO said.
Sheriff Tom Spangler along with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit wants to thank the Sheriff and his deputies in Buncombe County.
- KCHD to schedule additional 1,000 COVID-19 vaccination appointments on Friday
- ‘Christ in the Smokies’ closure is latest in a series of changes for Gatlinburg community
- Gatlinburg’s Christ in the Smokies Museum closes, says lease bought by neighboring SkyLift Park
- Maryville teacher named to IXL 100 Elite Educators List
- TWRA encourages safety courses after 2020 saw most boating fatalities in decades