FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT) – There’s a proposal in Kentucky to legalize recreational cannabis for adults.
State Representative Cluster Howard (D-Jackson) pre-filed the legislation.
Under the proposal, a quarter of the tax and license revenue would go into the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System.
Howard’s bill would also decriminalize possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
Howard noted that Michigan is in its second week of recreational cannabis sales.
In the first eight days, the state brought in more than $1.5 million.
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old Florida cancer survivor with puppy
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Sally storm surge
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship that was submerged for decades