FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT) – There’s a proposal in Kentucky to legalize recreational cannabis for adults.
State Representative Cluster Howard (D-Jackson) pre-filed the legislation.
Under the proposal, a quarter of the tax and license revenue would go into the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System.
Howard’s bill would also decriminalize possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
Howard noted that Michigan is in its second week of recreational cannabis sales.
In the first eight days, the state brought in more than $1.5 million.
- Sarah Fuller looks to make history, suiting up for Vanderbilt football team
- US tops 13M confirmed coronavirus cases
- Here’s what is coming to Netflix – and what’s leaving – in December
- Mississippi trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets
- NFL COVID-19: Ravens-Steelers game postponed again