FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT) – There’s a proposal in Kentucky to legalize recreational cannabis for adults.
State Representative Cluster Howard (D-Jackson) pre-filed the legislation.
Under the proposal, a quarter of the tax and license revenue would go into the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System.
Howard’s bill would also decriminalize possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
Howard noted that Michigan is in its second week of recreational cannabis sales.
In the first eight days, the state brought in more than $1.5 million.
- US Olympic skateboarding team unveiled, rolling toward Tokyo
- Laurel County man arrested for allegedly shooting woman in chest
- Best Prime Day deals for back-to-school shoppers
- Ex-employee ordered to pay Steak n’ Shake $80K over wormy burger post
- NJ waitress abducted, assaulted after trying to stop dine-and-dashers, police say