FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT) – There’s a proposal in Kentucky to legalize recreational cannabis for adults.
State Representative Cluster Howard (D-Jackson) pre-filed the legislation.
Under the proposal, a quarter of the tax and license revenue would go into the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System.
Howard’s bill would also decriminalize possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
Howard noted that Michigan is in its second week of recreational cannabis sales.
In the first eight days, the state brought in more than $1.5 million.
- 8 News Now/Emerson College poll shows Bernie Sanders is the front runner in Nevada
- ‘Tennessee needs this,’ say families of violent crimes pushing for more rights in justice system
- What to do for dental emergencies
- Sanitation issues lead to critical violations at Morristown, Cumberland Avenue restaurants
- EPA admin addresses plan to protect clean water in US