WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. (WATE) — Kentucky State Police investigating a woman’s death after she was struck by a train just before noon in Whitley County.
KSP reports that 41-year-old Jennifer L. Frazier was walking along the railroad tracks and was struck by a CSX Train. Due to the extent of her injuries, she was transported by Whitley County EMS to Jellico Community Hospital.
Frazier was pronounced dead at the hospital, and she will be transported to the Tennessee Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
The investigation remains active.
- Knoxville City Council to meet Tuesday night, confirm African American Equity Restoration Task Force
- British swimmer beats COVID twice to win gold at Olympics
- 4 horses test positive for Potomac horse fever in Tennessee
- ‘It’s a celebration to wear this’: Inside the Japanese tradition of kimonos
- ‘A bit much’: Naomi Osaka cites pressure in surprise Olympic loss