(NEXSTAR) – Golfer John Daly and musician Kid Rock spaced themselves a couple of seats apart at the final presidential debate between former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump on Thursday, but masking up appears to have taken a little convincing.
Getty Images photographer Chip Somodevilla captured images of the celebrity Trump supporters browsing their smartphones without masks before the event in Nashville.
According to captions on Somodevilla’s photos, the entertainers – known for partying and bending norms – had to be asked to mask up before the candidates took the stage.
While the masks were finally put on, the social distancing measures didn’t last long, as evidenced by a profanity-laced tweet sent by Daly a short time later.
Both men have appeared with Trump at events in the past.
- Knox County parents weigh in on how they think ESSER funding should be spent
- Tennessee saw a 36% increase in tornadoes last decade, but that’s not the whole story
- More than 40 neglected dogs rescued in Jackson, TN animal cruelty case
- FLOTUS to visit Nashville to encourage vaccinations as TN rates remain low amid Delta variant threat
- Wood you look at that! Lumber prices drop in Tennessee