KINGSTON, Tenn. (WATE) – The Kingston Police Department is putting out a warning after a person was reportedly pulled over by someone pretending to be a police officer.
Kingston Police said the impersonator could be driving a dark SUV with a blue dashboard light.
Police noted the incident happened after dark. They said the impersonator was not wearing a uniform and did not have a badge.
The suspected impersonator is described as 5’8” or 5’9”.
The Kingston Police Department says anyone pulled over by someone who is not an actual officer needs to call 911.
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: NASA’s launch of Ingenuity could happen this week!
- Neighbor charged with attempting to kidnap 9-year-old girl from Nashville apartment
- ‘Chucky doll in a dog’s body’: Woman’s post about ‘demonic’ foster dog goes viral
- THP: 1 person dead after motorcycle crash in Knox County
- National Youth Violence Prevention Week kicks off in Knoxville