KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE)- The Knox County Health Department has updated it’s COVID-19 benchmarks.
Out of the five categories listed, the only two categories in green are new cases and contact tracing capacity. The health department is listing testing capacity, hospital capacity and death rate as yellow. To visually represent how the benchmarks are being attained, a traffic light is being utilized to depict the status of each benchmark.
Red signifies the trends are not moving towards benchmark attainment and may indicate adjustments need to be made.
Yellow signifies the trends are moving towards/away from reaching benchmark attainment. Yellow indicates caution.
Green signifies that the benchmark is currently met.
Benchmark No. 1 Sustained reduction or stability in new cases for 14 days: GREEN
Benchmark No. 2 Community-wide sustained and increased diagnostic testing with consistent or decreased test result reporting turnaround time. YELLOW
Benchmark No. 3 Sustained or increased public health capability. GREEN
Benchmark No. 4 Health care system capabilities remain within current and forecasted surge capacity. YELLOW
Benchmark No. 5 Sustained or decreased COVID-19 related death rate for identified positive or probable cases. YELLOW
These benchmarks are usually updated during Knox County Board of Health meetings. Those meetings had been held once a week on Wednesdays. The health board did not convene after the board voted to move to bi-weekly meetings last week.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 14.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party