Knox County woman suffers minor burns in house fire

News
image1-(11)_72897

KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A Knox County woman suffered minor burns after a fire at her home Tuesday morning.

Rural/Metro says the fire was reported around 9:30 a.m. at a home on Kingfish Drive in Northeast Knox County.

They say a 47-year-old woman had a cigarette that dropped out of her hand and caught a blanket on fire.

The fire then spread to a sofa and the rest of the room.

The woman suffered non-life threatening burns to her leg. No one else was injured.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 Storm Weather School

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter