KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Organizers of Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour confirmed all upcoming tour dates have been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 1994 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee was set to take the stage at Thompson-Boling Arena on Saturday, June 6. Organizers say information on rescheduled 2021 dates will be announced soon and all original tickets will be honored.
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour began in September 2018, consisting of over 300 shows across five continents.
According to setlist.fm, Elton John last performed in Knoxville in 1997 at Thompson-Boling Arena. He also performed at the old University of Tennessee basketball arena, the Stokley Athletics Center, in 1973.
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- 12-year-old boy dies after trying viral ‘blackout challenge’
- Weinstein accuser breaks silence to push for consent law as former producer seeks new trial
- Home where Mister Rogers once lived goes up for sale
- Body found in Mississippi River identified as missing LSU student