KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Some changes are coming to trash and recycling pickup in the city of Knoxville starting Wednesday.
Knoxville’s residential trash contractor, Waste Connections, will be limiting pickup service only to what fits in a bin. All household trash must fit inside the 95 gallon City of Knoxville trash cart. Overflow household waste that is not inside the City-issued cart will not be collected.
Bulky items like old TV’s and furniture will not be collected by waste connections. City of Knoxville Public Service Department crews will help collect those kinds of items but they will not pick up overflow garbage or recyclables.
- Reports: Big Ten to cancel fall football season
- Airports find three times more guns despite fewer passengers
- Tennessee Coronavirus: 1,202 new COVID-19 cases push total to 123,914
- SEC Commissioner offers his view on college football season, urges patience
- Man says he was discriminated against at casino for bringing a purse