KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville babysitter accused of negligence in the drowning deaths of twin toddlers appeared in court Friday morning to face a plea deadline.
Jennifer Salley is charged with two counts of criminally negligent homicide. Salley was the owner of OM Baby, a West Knoxville in-home day care.
A motion hearing in the case was set for Thursday, Feb. 13. Her trial is slated to start on March 23.
The home day care was never licensed as a day care by the state Department of Human Services, according to a spokesperson.
- Lululemon opening shop at West Town Mall on Black Friday
- Zoo Knoxville counts down to ARC campus opening
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results
- ‘It’s turkey time in Tennessee’: Knox County shares the Dos & Don’ts of frying your turkey
- Website offering “dream job” paying $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days