KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Black Coffee Justice and other local community organizers are planning to repaint the Black Lives Matter mural in East Knoxville.
The mural after was defaced nearly two weeks ago. A black, paint-like substance was spotted on the street mural back on July 29.
The vandalism came just weeks after dozens came together to paint the words down Martin Luther King Jr Avenue in front of Austin East High School.
Now, a Facebook event page is asking the community to come out to repaint Black Lives Matter this Saturday starting at 8.
Organizers saying they’ll, “paint the hate away, paint the hurt away” and use this space as an, “opportunity to heal and grow together”.
- Central tops South-Doyle 27-19
- Four fires in 10 days in Claxton community: What firefighters want you to avoid
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- UTPD corporal helps save man’s life in I-40 fifth-wheel camper fire incident