KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee is establishing an emergency fund to provide essential services to those in need.
The committee is asking for monetary donations and gift cards for groceries and gas. Donations will be used for store gift cards, groceries, gas cards, household hygiene items, and other necessities.
Donations or checks can be sent to P.O. Box 51650, Knoxville, TN 37950-1650 or dropped off curbside at 2247 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921. To donate to this fund, visit knoxseniors.org or knoxcac.org.
If you are interested in volunteering, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office on Aging at 865-524-2786.
The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee delivers Mobile Meals to seniors and disabled individuals and provides transportation to essential medical appointments like dialysis. The committee also completes home repairs and weatherization in addition providing in-home services to at-risk seniors.
- Coronavirus Timeline: March 2020
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: 1,537 COVID-19 cases, 7 deaths in state, Department of Health reports
- US warship captain seeks crew isolation as virus spreads
- Coronavirus: Sevier County now offering COVID-19 testing
- Coronavirus: New drive-thru testing site open in Greene County
- Lee: More information to be released on COVID-19 deaths
- Tracking Coronavirus: Masks — who needs them, who doesn’t
- Knox County Health Department issues new guidelines for food trucks
- TN National Guard nurses step in amid COVID-19 outbreak at Gallatin nursing home
- Coronavirus Timeline: April 2020
- Coronavirus: Knoxville driver takes safety precautions amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Should you wear mask in public if not sick with coronavirus?
- Holyoke community left with more questions than answers in death of 13 veterans at Soldiers’ Home
- VIDEO: Husband sings through Bay Minette nursing home window to his 83-year-old wife