KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville police arrested a man pretending to be a law enforcement officer for an attempted burglary over the weekend.
Knoxville police responded to a call from an apartment along Forest Avenue.
The caller reported a man had attempted to pry open his front door. When the caller says he confronted the man, he claimed to be a police officer, pulled out a flashlight and ran away.
KPD was able to quickly track down the suspect, identified as 38-year-old Christopher Gordy. Gordy has been charged with attempted aggravated burglary and criminal impersonation.
- Louisville police officer files lawsuit against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Human remains found at serial killer’s family home in Florida
- Republicans confident for higher voter turnout on Election Day
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett