UPDATE: Tierra Williamson’s court date has been reset to Monday, Jan. 6, 2020.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A young mother charged in the death of her 3-month-old son is expected to appear in a Knox County felony sessions court Tuesday morning.
21-year-old Tierra Williamson was arrested back in November of 2017 charged with first-degree murder, assault and vandalism.
Williamson threatened to drop her 3-month-old baby from the third-floor balcony of her apartment on Lula Powell Drive.
When police arrived at the scene they found the child injured inside the apartment. He was rushed to the hospital where he later died from blunt force trauma to his head.
We’ll have a crew in the courtroom later this morning. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Celebrating August 8 — Emancipation day in Tennessee
- President Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- Missing teen from Soddy Daisy has been found safe, according to TBI
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 death toll in state is 1,215, up 9