KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A 19-year-old is facing domestic assault charges after Knoxville Police say he shot his mother’s husband during an argument.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of Harvey Street just after midnight Wednesday for a reported shooting. Officers spoke with the complainant who alleged her son, 19-year-old Jamarcus McBee, shot her husband after an altercation outside the residence.
The victim was struck in the stomach and transported to the UT Medical Center with injuries that are not expected to be life-threatening.
Officers located McBee a short time later near Glenwood Avenue and Armstrong Avenue. McBee was taken into custody without incident and charged with aggravated domestic assault and public intoxication.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116
- FedEx cell phone policy in question after deadly mass shooting at Indianapolis facility
- LSU fraternity pays off former cook’s mortgage
- Anderson County punter announces commitment switch to Tennessee
- ‘It gives hunters a bad name’: TWRA investigates after turkeys illegally dumped in Rutherford, Hardeman counties