KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A homicide investigation is underway by the Knoxville Police Department after a woman was found fatally shot in the Western Heights neighborhood.
A Knoxville Police Department spokesperson identified the victim as 24-year-old Katelyn Slivenski on Wednesday.
Knoxville Police responded to the 1200 block of Better Tomorrow Drive around 7 a.m. Tuesday for the report of an unresponsive female. Slivenski was pronounced dead at the scene from at least one gunshot wound.
Violent Crimes Unit investigators responded to the scene to begin their investigation. Slivenski’s body was transported to the Regional Forensic Center for autopsy.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 10 game highlights
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington state