KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A homicide investigation is underway by the Knoxville Police Department after a woman was found fatally shot in the Western Heights neighborhood.
A Knoxville Police Department spokesperson identified the victim as 24-year-old Katelyn Slivenski on Wednesday.
Knoxville Police responded to the 1200 block of Better Tomorrow Drive around 7 a.m. Tuesday for the report of an unresponsive female. Slivenski was pronounced dead at the scene from at least one gunshot wound.
Violent Crimes Unit investigators responded to the scene to begin their investigation. Slivenski’s body was transported to the Regional Forensic Center for autopsy.
- Layoffs stuck at high level as 1.3 million seek jobless aid
- Tennessee weekly unemployment claims back over 25,000
- Photos: The tragic history of the ‘Glee’ cast
- Scammers are posing as coronavirus contact tracers, BBB says
- Country band Lady A sues singer with same name