KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Starting Friday, the Knoxville Police Department says it will be saturating the roadways with added enforcement for the Memorial Day weekend.
KPD said this is in an effort to combat reckless and impaired driving.
They’re reminding everyone to slow down and not to drive while under the influence.
- Man charged with attempted first-degree murder after he tried to run down deputies, sheriff’s office says
- Titans and Colts play for first place in AFC South
- Vanderbilt kicker Sarah Fuller shares historic spotlight with Nashville nonprofit
- Lady Vols beat Western Kentucky 87-47 in season opener
- Gatlinburg business leaders highlight resiliency 4 years after wildfires