KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Update (8:30 p.m.): Knoxville police reporting that they have arrested and charged a 38-year-old man for first-degree murder after a female was found dead in an alley with a gunshot wound to the face.
KPD saying officers responded to an alley between Iredell Avenue and Pickett Avenue near Boyd Street where they found the body of 29-year-old Kaitlyne Warwick at around 6:30 a.m.
Investigators were given information from witnesses in the area about a possible male suspect, Robert Atkins, who was located and arrested at a residence in the 1200 block of Pickett Avenue.
During the preliminary investigation, it was determined that the victim was shot at the residence and then dumped in the alley some time after.
Atkins is now booked in the Knox County Detention Center on first-degree murder charges, tampering with evidence and firearm possession charges.
KPD officials say this is still an ongoing investigation.
The Knoxville Police Department is investigating after a body was discovered early Tuesday.
KPD officers responded to an alley between Iredell Avenue and Pickett Avenue near Boyd Street around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, where a deceased female was located.
Investigators with the KPD Violent Crimes Unit responded to the scene and are in the early stages of their investigation.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic
- Trump to appoint Gov. Lee to Council of Governors
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Man wanted for attempted murder in Myrtle Beach arrested in East Tennessee
- Report: American Airlines set to drop flights to as many as 30 smaller cities