KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department has identified the victim in Monday’s shooting near Texas Avenue as 26-year-old Demario Lowery of Detroit, Michigan.
KPD iterates that there are no suspects in custody at this time, and the investigation remains active.
Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is urged to call the KPD Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212.
Knoxville Police investigating after man found fatally shot in crashed car
UPDATE: The Knoxville Police Department is investigating a fatal shooting in Northeast Knoxville early Monday morning.
Knoxville Police officers responded to a shooting in the parking lot B of the Lonsdale Homes on Texas Avenue just before 1 a.m. Monday. Upon arrival, a male gunshot victim was found inside of a Chrysler 300 that had wrecked into a parked Ford Expedition in the parking lot.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
A witness stated that a black male wearing red shorts and a white shirt fled from the vehicle prior to officer arrival.
Violent Crimes Unit investigators responded to the scene to begin the investigation, which is ongoing at this time. Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is urged to call the KPD Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212.
- Bearden girls stay unbeaten with victory over Catholic
- Sequoyah High School closed for 2 days after fentanyl exposures hospitalized 3 staff members
- Catholic uses strong 2nd half to top Bearden
- Family who escaped the Gatlinburg wildfires working to inspire other
- Vols take down Presbyterian, stay unbeaten at home