KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department is investigating after a woman’s car was shot multiple times early Saturday.
KPD officers responded to reports of shots fired in the 6700 block of Ellesmere Drive around 3:30 a.m. Saturday.
Officers made contact with the victim, a 29-year-old female, who was unharmed in the incident.
She said she was making her way home when an unknown suspect fired multiple shots at her vehicle while she was driving on Wexford Lane.
Upon investigation, officers observed multiple bullet holes in the victim’s vehicle and discovered multiple spent shell casings in the area.
The incident is currently under investigation by the KPD Violent Crimes Unit. The report number for the incident is 19-044465. You can contact KPD’s crime hotline at 865-215-7212. Callers can remain anonymous.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Ivy League cancels fall sports, including football, over COVID-19 concerns
- Jefferson City Police: Legally armed good Samaritan stops assault
- Lee County mom sentenced to 18-years for baby’s meth death
- Woman survives contracting the flu and COVID-19 at the same time
- Time to remove State Capitol Confederate bust or should it stay as part of Tennessee’s culture?