KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department is investigating after two people were hospitalized with severe injuries in a shooting.
Officers responded to a shooting at Divide Street and Savoy Street around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Three juvenile victims were located at the scene. Two were transported to UT Medical Center for treatment for gunshots wounds and the third suffered minor abrasions, according to a KPD release.
No suspects are in custody at this time.
Based on the preliminary investigation by the KPD Violent Crimes Unit, the three juvenile victims were attempting to make a prearranged sale when the two male suspects brandished firearms in an attempted robbery, began shooting and fled the scene on foot.
The investigation remains ongoing. This is a developing story and we’ll update the details as they become available.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe