KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE (8 p.m. Friday April 24, 2020) — A man has been arrested in the death investigation after a woman’s body was found inside an apartment.
Shawn Case, 27, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the death of 32-year-old Brittney Webb.
No further details were yet available.
A death investigation is underway by Knoxville police after a deceased female was discovered in an apartment early Friday.
The body of a deceased female was discovered in an apartment off of Ridgebrook Lane on Friday. The identity of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Officers received secondhand information that a woman was deceased inside of a residence of an apartment complex on at Ridgebrook Lane around 7 a.m. Friday.
Officers attempted to make contact with the occupants inside the apartment and observed a male subject inside who initially refused to leave. The subject complied and exited the residence just before 9 a.m. after negotiators were brought to the scene. The subject was transported to the Public Safety Building for questioning.
KPD Violent Crime investigators and crime lab personnel are investigating. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Lady Irish fall to Hutchison in the Division II-AA State Championship
- KUB’s ‘TeenWork’ program partnering with Austin East High School students to create gun violence awareness PSA
- Diocese of Knoxville issues guidance to Catholics, saying J&J vaccine is acceptable in ‘certain circumstances’
- Lady Vols fall to South Carolina in SEC tournament semifinals, 67-52
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended