KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Police gave nearly 550 traffic citations and arrested three people during the first two weeks of the Knox County school year.
Following the first week that saw 300 citations and two arrests, Knoxville Police gave out 241 citations in and around schools from Aug. 31 to Sept. 4. They also made one arrest.
In a post on Twitter KPD asked that drivers continue to drive safely through school zones.
“Each of us has a responsibility to keep kids safe,” the tweet said.
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- President Trump set to pay respects to Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week
- Weekly unemployment claims back over 11,000 in Tennessee
- Two arrested after Jefferson City burglary