KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department has arrested a man following a vehicle pursuit that began after a report of a shooting.
Knoxville Police responded to a report of a gunshot at Morningside Garden Apartments around 5 a.m. Monday on McCalla Avenue. The complainant said they heard a gunshot outside their window and saw a white vehicle leave the parking lot at high speeds.
The complainant then got into his vehicle, called 911 and pursued the vehicle, which continued to flee westbound.
Officers responded to the area of Interstate 40 West near Papermill Drive in reference to the shooting suspect that was being followed by the complainant. The suspect, traveling in a white Dodge Avenger, refused to stop and continued to flee west on I-40 before exiting at Cedar Bluff Road. Officers continued the pursuit until the suspect voluntarily stopped at the Weigel’s located at 328 N. Cedar Bluff Road.
The suspect, identified as 47-year-old Treavor Warren, was taken into custody without incident. Numerous narcotics were found during the subsequent search of the vehicle.
A crime scene was not located at McCalla Avenue, nor were any gunshot victims located.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Keyen Green looks to bring energy and intensity to Lady Vols
- Watts Bar shuts down nuclear reactor for scheduled maintenance
- Gatlinburg shares bear safety advice as part of Bearwise Week