KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department says some crime has been down during the pandemic.
Data from the most recent crime report compiled by the crime analysis unit shows a 36 percent drop in total crime reported from March 30 to April 5 compared to that same seven-day period in 2019.
Over the 28-day period from March 9 through April 5, there was an 11 percent drop in that same time-span from last year.
We’re told the report notes a noticeable decrease in property crime including thefts and vandalism.
KPD says, on the other hand, there has been a noticeable increase in crimes like simple and aggravated assaults.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Vols superfan secures coveted ticket to UT’s season opener
- Margaret ‘Bonnie Lou’ Moore dies at 93
- One injured in shooting at a South Knoxville convenience store
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case