KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – Tennessee Department of Transportation crews from East Tennessee left early Thursday morning to assist in the cleanup in Middle Tennessee.
According to TDOT spokesperson Mark Nagi, crews left Knoxville at 6 a.m. on Thursday to head to Wilson County.
According to Nagi, the crews will be assisting in clearing state routes after a powerful tornado tore across Middle Tennessee.
Wilson County was one of the four counties most affected by the tornado, with multiple deaths reported as a result of the storm.
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead in Kansas
- Titans Week: Getting healthy before a big battle with the Steelers
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Alabama runs away from Tennessee 48-17
- TN Dept of Health: 2,574 new COVID-19 cases, 2,110 new recoveries