KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – Tennessee Department of Transportation crews from East Tennessee left early Thursday morning to assist in the cleanup in Middle Tennessee.
According to TDOT spokesperson Mark Nagi, crews left Knoxville at 6 a.m. on Thursday to head to Wilson County.
According to Nagi, the crews will be assisting in clearing state routes after a powerful tornado tore across Middle Tennessee.
Wilson County was one of the four counties most affected by the tornado, with multiple deaths reported as a result of the storm.
- Bodycam video: Michigan officer punches man during traffic stop over littering
- Florida couple attempts to hold wedding at mansion they did not own
- Louisiana teen saves elderly woman from fire
- Meet the man in a bear suit walking from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- Burning Man mulling mandatory COVID-19 vaccines for August