KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Tim Harris, owner of Knoxville Wholesale Furniture, says his donation of $50,000 to Knox County’s law enforcement agencies is his way of doing his part to show support for law enforcement and first responders.
Harris made the donation Thursday. The donation will be split evenly between the Knoxville Police Department officer wellness program and the Knox County Sheriff’s Office officer down program, which supports injured officers and their families.
“The Knoxville area is a wonderful place to live,” Harris said. “One of the reasons: It’s a safe place to live. This is due in large part to our police force and first responders.
“We wanted to do our part in helping them and families and let them know we love them and appreciate them.”
- In addition to Pruitt, UT announces firing of 9 others in football program
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Former, current players & recruits react to firing of Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt