GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A woman died on Tuesday after suffering from a cardiac event at a visitors center in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Ima M. King, 82, of Knoxville, TN, died after Great Smoky Mountains National Park Rangers responded to a woman in cardiac distress at the Cades Cove Visitors Center around 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Bystanders and Park Rangers performed life-saving measures including CPR and use of an automated external defibrillator. King remained unresponsive and was pronounced deceased at 3:00 p.m.
No additional details are available at this time.
- Memphis pastor indicted by grand jury on charges related to attempted statutory rape
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake in Maryville
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- UPDATE: Missing woman out of Union County found, per sheriff’s office