KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Simon Property Group, the nation’s largest mall owner, is keeping its malls closed on Thanksgiving day this year.
The move means Knoxville’s West Town Mall, will be closed this Thanksgiving. Simon malls will reopen for Black Friday sales the following day.
The CEO of Simon Properties says this will instead allow associates to spend time with their families. Several stores have already said they’ll close on Thanksgiving, including Target and Best Buy locations.
Many retailers will make an adjustment for Black Friday, extending sales and deals for weeks instead of just a few days.
- Warren Buffett again encourages investors to bet on America
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan
- IT company’s $27M investment to create 300-plus jobs at new Knoxville location
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Mr. Potato Head drops the mister, sort of