KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Simon Property Group, the nation’s largest mall owner, is keeping its malls closed on Thanksgiving day this year.
The move means Knoxville’s West Town Mall, will be closed this Thanksgiving. Simon malls will reopen for Black Friday sales the following day.
The CEO of Simon Properties says this will instead allow associates to spend time with their families. Several stores have already said they’ll close on Thanksgiving, including Target and Best Buy locations.
Many retailers will make an adjustment for Black Friday, extending sales and deals for weeks instead of just a few days.
- Tennessee panel OKs 3 sportsbook firms before Nov start goal
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week
- Weekly unemployment claims back over 11,000 in Tennessee
- California to end sales of new gasoline-powered cars and trucks by 2035
- Walmart to add 20,000 seasonal jobs. Here’s how you can apply