NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce released the data on unemployment claims filed during the last week in June.
The department reported the number of new claims for the week ending June 27 was 22,256. While that was up slightly from the 21,155 new claims made during the week ending on June 20, claims were still well above pre-pandemic numbers from 14 weeks ago when approximately 2,702 claims were made for the week ending March 14.
The number of continued unemployment claims in Tennessee was 262,224 for the week ending June 27, which is down from 266,596 from the previous week.
This is the second week state officials have released county-by-county statistics for unemployment claims. Click here for county-level unemployment claim data.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe