FRANKFORT, Ky. (WATE) — A Kentucky convict who has been on the run since escaping a halfway house in August was spotted Thursday in Claiborne County, authorities say.
Harold “Von Royce” Hatfield escaped the Bluegrass Career Development Center in Richmond, Kentucky, where he is serving a 10-year sentence for an assault charge. He was convicted and sentenced back in 2017 after stabbing a Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College professor at his home.
On Aug. 27 an escape warrant was sent out for Hatfield’s arrest.
Hatfield was seen Thursday in the 200 block of Little Sycamore Road in Tazewell.
Hatfield is known to frequent Middlesboro, Kentucky and Tazewell, Tennessee. Due to his previous record, officials are advising the public not to approach Hatfield as he is considered armed and dangerous. If you see Hatfield you are asked to call 911 immediately.
- Knox County teacher celebrates name change with students
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Several stars visible this week in the night sky
- Lady Vols softball will host regional as No. 9 seed in NCAA tournament
- Woman dies after being struck by vehicle on Merchant Drive
- Can I still spread COVID if I’m vaccinated?