FRANKFORT, Ky. (WATE) — A Kentucky convict who has been on the run since escaping a halfway house in August was spotted Thursday in Claiborne County, authorities say.
Harold “Von Royce” Hatfield escaped the Bluegrass Career Development Center in Richmond, Kentucky, where he is serving a 10-year sentence for an assault charge. He was convicted and sentenced back in 2017 after stabbing a Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College professor at his home.
On Aug. 27 an escape warrant was sent out for Hatfield’s arrest.
Hatfield was seen Thursday in the 200 block of Little Sycamore Road in Tazewell.
Hatfield is known to frequent Middlesboro, Kentucky and Tazewell, Tennessee. Due to his previous record, officials are advising the public not to approach Hatfield as he is considered armed and dangerous. If you see Hatfield you are asked to call 911 immediately.
- Lululemon opening shop at West Town Mall on Black Friday
- Zoo Knoxville counts down to ARC campus opening
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results
- ‘It’s turkey time in Tennessee’: Knox County shares the Dos & Don’ts of frying your turkey
- Website offering “dream job” paying $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days