ATHENS, Tenn. (WATE) — Life Care Center of Athens officials said Tuesday that 14 residents have died following a COVID-19 outbreak at the nursing home facility.
As of Tuesday, the facility has had 80 residents test positive for COVID-19 and 19 residents have
tested negative – a total of 99 residents.
Of the residents who tested positive for COVID-19, there are 65 are currently living and being cared for in the facility. They are in an isolation area and being cared for by a dedicated staff.
Fourteen COVID-19 positive residents have died, the facility said Tuesday.
Regarding staff and COVID-19 in the facility, testing was made available to all associates. Altogether, 52 associates tested positive for COVID-19; with 38 of these associates recovered and returned to work, after meeting strict CDC guidelines.
Another 84 associates tested negative for COVID-19.
“Both the state and local health departments have been extremely supportive. We are thankful for
their partnership and the support they’ve provided. We will continue to follow their guidance,
along with guidelines offered by the CDC,” Jeff Ricks, executive director, said.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party