CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) – The Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue is asking people to consider donating extra meat from your freezer.
The non-profit said their grocers are running short and are no longer receiving enough meat to feed their tigers, Gunther and Gebel. Officials say the zoo is receiving a fraction of donations they usually get from local grocery stores due to the coronavirus pandemic.
They’re looking for donations of venison, chicken or beef but no pork.
The Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue is located along Granite Road in Clinton. After a devastating fire in 2017 and several rebuilds, the non-profit reopened its doors in May 2019.
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead in Kansas
- Titans Week: Getting healthy before a big battle with the Steelers
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Alabama runs away from Tennessee 48-17
- TN Dept of Health: 2,574 new COVID-19 cases, 2,110 new recoveries