PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) – It wasn’t a traditional gospel show and it wasn’t a Kanye West concert. Sunday Service was a celebration of faith through music that happened to feature West.
17,000 came to the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge to see the ‘Sunday Service Collective’ and West. Through the Strength to Stand Youth Bible Conference, two sessions were offered: one to conference attendees and the second, to the public through ticket sales.
Some 170 volunteers are helping with the events Sunday. The stage, adorned with 38,000 flowers.
“A lot of prayer” went into bringing this performance to Pigeon Forge, Founder and CEO Scott Dawson said before the show.
West, speaking to the audience through the music, allowing members of the choir to shine.
RELATED: Pastor speaks on Kanye West, faith ahead of Sunday Service shows
RELATED: ‘He’s been changed by Christ’: 20,000 possible for Kanye West’s Pigeon Forge shows
RELATED: ‘It’s really a God story’: Kanye West puts spotlight on Pigeon Forge
(Can’t see live coverage? Go here.)
- VFL Josh Dobbs surprises Children’s Hospital patients with Girl Scout cookies
- Oak Ridge High School Orchestra brings home the Golden Mickey award
- Upcoming gala benefiting Parkinson’s organization
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: The Pink Full Moon takes place this week
- Ivanka Trump ‘pained’ over father’s indictment