PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) – It wasn’t a traditional gospel show and it wasn’t a Kanye West concert. Sunday Service was a celebration of faith through music that happened to feature West.
17,000 came to the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge to see the ‘Sunday Service Collective’ and West. Through the Strength to Stand Youth Bible Conference, two sessions were offered: one to conference attendees and the second, to the public through ticket sales.
Some 170 volunteers are helping with the events Sunday. The stage, adorned with 38,000 flowers.
“A lot of prayer” went into bringing this performance to Pigeon Forge, Founder and CEO Scott Dawson said before the show.
West, speaking to the audience through the music, allowing members of the choir to shine.
- THP: 55 ‘violators’ arrested for trespassing at State Capitol
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks Night Over Northeast Wisconsin
- WATCH: One of the largest fireworks displays in Texas
- WATCH LIVE: Fourth of July fireworks across the Las Vegas skies
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks