PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) – It wasn’t a traditional gospel show and it wasn’t a Kanye West concert. Sunday Service was a celebration of faith through music that happened to feature West.
17,000 came to the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge to see the ‘Sunday Service Collective’ and West. Through the Strength to Stand Youth Bible Conference, two sessions were offered: one to conference attendees and the second, to the public through ticket sales.
Some 170 volunteers are helping with the events Sunday. The stage, adorned with 38,000 flowers.
“A lot of prayer” went into bringing this performance to Pigeon Forge, Founder and CEO Scott Dawson said before the show.
West, speaking to the audience through the music, allowing members of the choir to shine.
- Watch out for these popular, but untrue stories from social media this past week
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- View with caution: This may be America’s creepiest Halloween display
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate