PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) – It wasn’t a traditional gospel show and it wasn’t a Kanye West concert. Sunday Service was a celebration of faith through music that happened to feature West.
17,000 came to the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge to see the ‘Sunday Service Collective’ and West. Through the Strength to Stand Youth Bible Conference, two sessions were offered: one to conference attendees and the second, to the public through ticket sales.
Some 170 volunteers are helping with the events Sunday. The stage, adorned with 38,000 flowers.
“A lot of prayer” went into bringing this performance to Pigeon Forge, Founder and CEO Scott Dawson said before the show.
West, speaking to the audience through the music, allowing members of the choir to shine.
- More than cookie cutters, local business turns to making face shields
- Oklahoma hair stylists under scrutiny for working inside private homes during COVID-19 pandemic
- Safer-at-home order debate divides Tennessee governor, group of doctors
- Weekly unemployment claims in Tennessee reach 94K+
- Report: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson set for charity rematch involving Peyton Manning and Tom Brady