MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration says loaded guns were found at security checkpoints at every major Tennessee airport during a seven-day period.
From Sept. 13 through Sept, 20, the TSA says eight guns were found in carry-on bags by agents at Nashville International Airport, Memphis International Airport, Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport, Tri-Cities Airport in Blountville and McGhee Tyson Airport near Knoxville.
In each case, TSA agents told local police, who removed the firearms and passengers from the checkpoint area.
Firearms are not allowed in carry-on baggage. They can travel in checked baggage, under certain rules.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins
- Knox County Health Dept. reports 16th COVID-19 death in October, overall toll at 101
- As US hits highest 7-day average for virus cases, these states are hardest hit
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Middle Tennessee home
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week