The City of Knoxville says a total of 13 roads remain closed after this weekend’s heavy rain and flooding.
The following roads are closed as of Tuesday afternoon:
- Black Oak Drive at Oak Road
- Braundau Drive at Maple Loop Road
- Brandau Drive at West Red Bud Road
- Cilla Road at Anna Road/Sarvis Drive
- Clayton Road at Young Avenue
- Colonial Circle at Peyton Place
- Ellis Road, west of Chapman Highway
- Hollywood Road at Kelly Place
- Keller Bend at South Northshore Drive
- Lake Forest Drive at Lakewood Drive/Chapman Highway
- Papermill Drive at Hollywood Road
- Prosser Road at Knoxville Zoo Drive
- Town Center Boulevard at Northshore Drive
Additionally, the playgrounds at Tyson Park, Charter Doyle Park and ZizZag Bridge on Third Creek Greenway, west of Tyson Park are closed. Zoo Knoxville, Chilhowee Park and the Muse remain closed until further notice.
Eric Vreeland with the city says at the height of the flooding, 143 roads were closed. He says it’s too early to estimate damages or overtime costs, but they’ve received reports of more than 800 homes and businesses that were damaged.
Knox County mayor’s office spokesperson Rob Link says there were 64 road closures at the peak of the event, which has now dropped to 18.