FINCASTLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A 2.7 magnitude earthquake was recorded at 12:33 p.m. Wednesday 2 miles northwest of Fincastle.
The earthquake was at a depth of 22 miles.
The earthquake on Wednesday adds to a week of shakes in the region. A series of earthquakes were detected in Blount and Monroe counties Tuesday morning.
A much stronger 3.8 magnitude earthquake in the Fincastle area happened on Jan. 20. That earthquake was felt from Knox County, Ky., to Sweetwater.
- Coronavirus: Prayers for nursing home during COVID-19 pandemic
- 98 have died from coronavirus in Tennessee while cases rise to 4,862
- Severe weather possible Easter Sunday
- Apple, Google team up to develop coronavirus contact-tracing tool
- IRS launches new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments