FINCASTLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A 2.7 magnitude earthquake was recorded at 12:33 p.m. Wednesday 2 miles northwest of Fincastle.
The earthquake was at a depth of 22 miles.
The earthquake on Wednesday adds to a week of shakes in the region. A series of earthquakes were detected in Blount and Monroe counties Tuesday morning.
A much stronger 3.8 magnitude earthquake in the Fincastle area happened on Jan. 20. That earthquake was felt from Knox County, Ky., to Sweetwater.
- TBI investigates after officer-involved shooting in Maryville
- Watch Live: Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Watch out for these popular, but untrue stories from social media this past week
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?